Human Platelet Lysate
For research and clinical use
An efficient, safe and standardised supplement to expand multiple cell types
- Enhanced expansion
- Reduced supplementation
- Manufactured and tested in line with quality system of pharmaceutical company
- Produced in large batches
The amplification of stem cells in defined, standardised, xeno-free conditions represents a major challenge for the production of safe and reproducible cell therapy products in research use.
MultiPL’ by Macopharma is a commercial range of human platelet lysate that supports the expansion of different cell types. It is validated with mesenchymal stem cells and it can be used with other cell types such as fibroblasts, keratinocytes and natural killers . This human platelet derived product is rich in proteins and growth factors and can be an alternative to fetal bovine serum.
MultiPL’ is manufactured in a certified ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 facility in France. All steps of the manufacturing process are performed in a closed system and by trained operators in a controlled atmosphere area.
For more information about Platelet Lysate, you can check our Bibliography.
|Reference||Volume (mL)||Source||Composition||Storage conditions||Shelf life|
|50||Buffy Coat platelet concentrates||30% plasma & 70% additive solution||Between -80°C and -20°C protected from light||30 months|
|Aphaeresis platelet concentrates||100% plasma||24 months|
*This product contains human source material and must be treated as potentially infectious. Despite all testing, proper safety precautions for potentially infectious agents must be taken.
- Derived from screened normal human donor platelets
- Sterilised by 0.2 µm filtration
- Produced in large batch sizes (10 L)
- Stored in freezing bag
- Rich in proteins and growth factors (PDGF-AB, IGF-1, EGF, VEGF and bFGF)
- For clinical and research use
- Validated for BM-MSC culture (see “Performance”)
- Increased cell growth kinetics
- Xeno-free media supplement (no animal proteins)
- Minimal lot to lot variation
- Reduced supplementation in comparison with FBS (fetal bovine serum)
- Eliminates the need for bFGF
- Available in optimised small volume
- Lot reservation available
MultiPL’ enhances MSC proliferation compared to FBS
Dose effect on proliferation of human bone marrow-mesenchymal stem cells (hBM-MSCs) cultured in MEMa supplemented with FBS or MultiPL’30/MultiPL'100 at doses ranging from 2,5% to 10% and 2UI/mL heparin. hBM-MSCs were seeded at 2000c/cm2 in 6-well plates and cultured during 8 days.
MultiPL' maintains the differentiation potential of hBMC-MSC.
Differentiation potential of human bone marrow-mesenchymal stem cells (hBM-MSCs) expanded in 10% FBS or 8 % MultiPL'30 (A) OR multiPL"100 (B).
After expansion, hBM-MSCs were cultured in presence of specific differentiation media during 14 and 21 days to induce adipogenic and osteogenic differentiation, respectively
MultiPL' maintains hBM-MSC phenotype
Flow cytometry analysis of human bone marrow-mesenchymal stem cells expanded in 10% FBS or 8% MultiPL’30/ MultiPL’100 .
After expansion, hBM-MSCs were incubated with either PE-conjugated monoclonal antibodies or isotype control.